Though our production teams perform quality checks to ensure that your prints are in good shape before they are shipped, there may be times where you receive a model with a defect. If that happens, follow the guidelines below to report the issue to us so we can work with you to find a solution.
- Shapeways guarantees your product's quality for up to 10 business days after it has been delivered.
- Post-processing, or attempts to alter any model will void the 10-day warranty. Please contact us with photos of the model as it arrived, without alterations.
- Do not send your model back unless our team requests for you to do so.
- Provide clear photos that indicate the problematic area or issue. Circling or adding arrows to specify which part of your model has been affected is helpful and appreciated.
- Include the barcode printed on the outside of the model's bag to ensure that our team is reporting the correct model back to our manufacturing teams for investigation.
- For issues regarding dimensional variation or other size-related concerns, please include visible measurements in the photo.
- Note: If the dimensions of the print you received match those shown on the product page's "Whats in the box" section, there may be an issue with the model's design that a reprint won't solve. Our service team can help you get in touch with the designer.
- When the issue is missing quantities, provide a photo of all the parts that arrived.
Here are some examples of photos that help us help you faster:
To help us provide you with a resolution as quickly as possible, please make sure the following information is provided:
- Order number
- Model name or (preferrably) a photo of the bar code
- Photos of the print as it arrived (no post-processing)
- Preferred resolution (Reprint vs Refund)
- Include a detailed description of the issue.
- If your model arrived broken, please let us know if the broken parts are in the packaging or not.
Contact Customer Service
Our team will work with you to make sure that your order meets Shapeways' quality standards. Please note that with an exception for quality defects, all sales are final.