We make every effort to minimize any import duty, tax and brokerage fees to which you may be subject. However, depending on the destination country of your order, duty, tax and brokerage fees may be assessed upon importation. Our shipping prices are only for the cost of carriage and do not include these additional charges. Contact the carrier and the customs authority in your country for further information.
Shapeways is in process of making improvements to how we ship into several major markets worldwide. This is why we always ship your orders from the distribution center that’s closest to you or that minimizes the possible import duties you may be subject to.
We ship from the following locations:
- Netherlands: EU, Asia, Africa, South America, Puerto Rico
- New York: USA (excluding Puerto Rico), The Caribbean, Canada, Australia & Oceania
Order contents shipped outside of the United States or European Union will be described as plastic or metal goods. Combined import duty and tax are typically 5-20% of the total order value. In some cases, an additional brokerage fee may be assessed by the carrier.
We have retrieved these tariffs for you as an indication of what you can expect:
- Plastic 3D prints - HS code 3926400090; 6.5% tariff
- Sandstone 3D prints - HS code 6809900000; 3.5% tariff
- Stainless Steel 3D prints - HS code 83062100; 0% tariff, though there might be 15% additional tax for bullion decoration objects
If delivery of an order placed on www.shapeways.com is refused, you will be responsible for the original shipping charges, as well as any import duty, tax, and brokerage fees that may be assessed.