Are you looking for a quote for one or more 3D models? Uploading your designs to Shapeways will ensure accuracy for discovering which materials are eligible, checking for printability, and ordering and selling your designs in the future.
Sign up for an account if you want to upload your files. Once you have done so:
- Log in to your account.
- Hover over the Start Making button at the top right.
- Click on Upload Now (note: you can also head straight over to the Upload Now page).
- Find the gray “Choose a 3D file or drag it here” area, and choose your units, keeping in mind that your model can be re-scaled later.
- You can either drag and drop your file into this area, or click on it and a dialogue box will pop up—allowing you to select the file for uploading right away.
- The model page will load, and you can proceed from there.
Do you have more than one 3D model? Upload as many as 20 designs at a time from My Models, and directly from your model library when empty too. Upon successful uploads, your models will be listed in your library; however, it could take a few minutes for them to appear there (you may also want to try refreshing the page after a minute or so).
Upload the following types of files: DAE, OBJ, STL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV, WRL, 3MF, STP, and STEP.
For textured files (to print in full-color materials), upload a ZIP folder containing the 3D file and texture file in one of the acceptable formats:
- 3D files: OBJ, MTL, DAE, WRL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV
- Texture files: GIF, JPG, PNG
Make sure the ZIP folder contains these files only, and that they are not in an extra folder within the ZIP folder.
We can only accept files that are smaller than 64 MB, containing less than 1 million polygons. If your file exceeds this limit, consider compressing the file to a ZIP folder and/or reducing the polygon count of your model.
Find the corresponding tutorial here.