You can upload the following filetypes:
- File types: DAE, OBJ, STL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV, WRL, 3MF
- For full color printing: DAE, WRL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV
- Maximum file size for all types: 64 MB and/or 1 Million Polygons
The most commonly used file type is .STL, and you should be able to export your file from almost any 3D software in this format.
Once you have exported your 3D model you can upload it to your account here.
How do I choose the right file type for Color Printing?
We recommend that you use .WRL (vrml) for uploading files with color or textures, as .STL files will not support these maps.
There are two ways to apply color: as a 'per face' material, or as a UV texture map:
- "Per face" materials are easier to work with, but result in less detail overall
- UV texture maps can be very detailed, but require careful mapping of the texture to your object
To upload models for color printing, create a .zip file that includes the 3D model and its texture (.jpg or .png) both in the root without additional folders inside the zip.