You can upload the following 3D printing file types:
- 3D printing file types: DAE, OBJ, STL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV, WRL, 3MF, STP, STEP
- For full color 3D printing file types: OBJ, MTL, DAE, WRL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV
- Maximum file size for all 3D printing file types: 64 MB and/or 1 Million Polygons
The most commonly used 3D printing file types is .STL, and you should be able to export your file from almost any 3D software in this format.
Once you have exported your 3D model you can upload it to your account here.
How do I choose the right 3D printing file types for color printing?
We recommend that you use .WRL (vrml) for uploading 3D printing file types with color or textures, as .STL files will not support these maps.
There are two ways to apply color: as a 'per face' material, or as a UV texture map:
- "Per face" materials are easier to work with, but result in less detail overall
- UV texture maps can be very detailed, but require careful mapping of the texture to your object
To upload models for color printing, create a .zip file that includes the 3D model and its texture (.jpg or .png) both in the root without additional folders inside the zip. Learn further about how you can optimize your 3D print files.
Ready to get started? Bring your product to life.