One of the most important aspects of designing great products is understanding the customers that show enough interest to take a look. Who are they? Where are they from? Are they buying? If not, why not? Shapeways supports Google Analytics, a tool to analyze who is visiting your shop, which can help you answer these questions.
Sign Up for Google Analytics.
To get started, you’ll need to sign up for a Google Analytics account. If you already have a Gmail account, this is incredibly easy:
- Visit www.google.com/analytics
- Sign in with your Google credentials or create a new account if you don’t have one
- Sign up for Analytics through Google prompts
- Account Name: If you have multiple sites, you will add an account; add an account name for your Shapeways Shop
- Website Name: Name of your Shapeways Shop
- Note: These names are for your reference only—they are only used to name your Google Analytics account
You now have a Google Analytics account for your shop! For future reference, you can always access your account at www.google.com/analytics.
Keep in mind that it can take up to 48 hours for your Analytics page to start working and tracking information, so if you're not seeing information right away, check back in a day or two.