Opening a shop is easy, and with a bit of care and preparation it allows you to have a passive income with minimum effort. There is no need to carry inventory, you design the models, set your markup, and share your products. We handle the rest!
There are two ways to open a shop, the first is the fastest:
- Visit https://www.shapeways.com/sell/open-a-shop
- If you're not already logged in, you'll be prompted to do so when you click the red "Open Your Shop" button
- If you're logged in, you should see a field to enter a shop name, then click "Open My Shop" to continue.
- You'll be able to change your shop name later, but please note that you can not change your shop URL after you create your shop.
Another way to get to this workflow is directly from your 3D Models page:
- Login to your account and hover over your icon
- Choose "My 3D Models" when the menu appears
- If you have already uploaded a model that you want to sell, click the three vertical dots to the right of the model name to open the overflow menu, then choose "Create a Product"
There are a few criteria that you'll need to meet in order to successfully open a shop. These rules are in place to prevent bots, malicious content and spam from entering our marketplace. Once you have verified your account, uploaded a model, and chosen a shop name, your shop will be considered inactive until you do one of the following:
- Purchase one of your own models or a model from the marketplace
- Purchase a gift card
- Integrate with and receive your first order through one of our E-commerce integrations