Need help with your shop's SEO and/or discoverability? Check out our tips below to help potential customers find your products!
This might seem obvious, but the title of your model can make or break its success on Shapeways. Make sure your title is catchy and descriptive to someone outside of your niche. Before publishing, think to yourself, “what is this product at its simplest form?” A great example of this is our interlocked cube.
The title we chose: "Shapeways Interlocked Cubes," it’s descriptive and to the point.
Tags are the place to catch any other information you might not be able to get in the title. Does your model have any special characteristics? Is it for drones, or a scale model, or for a particular hobby that we don’t have a category for? Think of this process as word association - anything a user might search for to link the model name and search term together. For example, our Shapeways Interlocked Cube is tagged #desk toys, #3x3x3, #cube, #interlocking, #promo, #shapeways, and #toy.
Your product description is a place for you to explain exactly what your model is, add context, explain its purpose, or tell a story about how it came to be. This is also a great place to add in any additional assembly instructions or links to similar models in different sizes that you may have.
Photos are important to help people visualize how your product is essential to making their life better. Your photos should be:
- Clear: Use either a neutral background or a shot of your product in action.
- Focused: Make sure the product is clear, and the center of attention.
- Well-lit: Natural light is the best, and make sure the light source shines on the front of your model, instead of having it lit from behind.
- Variety: If you can show images of your products printed in multiple materials, this is an excellent way to help potential customers visualize how their products will look. Don't have images in every material you're selling in? Add renders instead!
- High Quality: If you have access to an SLR camera or another camera that can create high resolution photos, use it! High quality photos tend to sell more products.
Choose the most logical subcategory for your product. We have you choose a subcategory in order to make the most specific decision possible. If you find none of the options suit your product, select "Other" and suggest a subcategory. For the Shapeways Interlocked Cube, we've categorized it as a desk toy.
Within each category, there may be Facet Groups and product Facets to choose from. A product can have a Facet within multiple groups such as scale or type. If your product is set up with variants, those will automatically be used as Facets. If you find that none of the options suit your product, select "Other" and suggest a Facet by using your tags.