As the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to affect people and businesses worldwide, we are committed to leverage all resources to protect our employees, customers and operations during this time.
We are closely monitoring the situation, following CDC guidelines, abiding by local regulations and will keep you informed as the situation evolves.
We have launched the Shapeways COVID-19 Community Response Initiative to support the global impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
If your organization is running low on medical supplies and are seeking additional options using 3D printing, or if you have a model that you'd like to share with us, please get in touch using the link above.
You can also make a donation towards the production of face shields for medical staff in need. You can find more information here: https://covid19.shapeways.com/
Please review the following FAQs and contact Customer service should you have any further questions.
What does this mean for my orders currently in production?
Our production process is mostly running as usual at the moment. We are currently experiencing significant delays in production of PA11, Steel and Cast metals so you can expect a lead time extension on orders containing these materials. The estimated shipping dates for these orders have changed and are reflected on your Orders page.
How is production affected?
- Our NYC factory will be running minimal staffing to support essential operations, as we have been granted exemption status as essential business to produce medical aids. Our resources have been shifted accordingly so we are still able to fulfill your production needs.
- The RUSH option for US, Canada, New Zealand and Australia has been temporarily disabled.
- Silver, Brass, Bronze are delayed by approx. 5 days
- Steel, Plated Brass, Copper, Interlocking metals, Antique silver are delayed until further notice (~3 weeks)
- Versatile plastic and PA11 are slightly delayed, you can expect the lead time to be pushed forward by about a week for these materials.
I had already selected “customer pick up” for my order. Will I still be able to pick it up?
We will be shipping your order to you via the fastest shipping service. Somebody from our Customer Service team will contact you with further details.
Was this announcement necessary?
We have seen what other countries have experienced with the COVID-19 outbreak and are taking every precaution to help stop the spread of the virus, and to make sure that our customers are well informed of any changes or disruptions that may be necessary during this time.
Where should I go to check for future updates?
We will continue to communicate via email and on our help center page. Should the situation escalate, we will be posting announcements on our website as well.