As the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to affect people and businesses worldwide, we are committed to leverage all resources to protect our employees, customers and operations during this time.
We are closely monitoring the situation, following CDC guidelines, abiding by local regulations and will keep you informed as the situation evolves.
We have launched the Shapeways COVID-19 Community Response Initiative to support the global impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
If your organization is running low on medical supplies and are seeking additional options using 3D printing, or if you have a model that you'd like to share with us, please get in touch using the link above.
Please review the following FAQs and contact Customer service should you have any further questions.
What does this mean for my orders currently in production?
Our production process is mostly running as usual at the moment. We are currently experiencing significant delays in the production of most Cast metals so you can expect a lead time extension on orders containing these materials. The estimated shipping dates for these orders have changed and are reflected on your Orders page.
How is production affected? (last updated: July 21)
- Versatile Plastic: The RUSH option for US, Canada, New Zealand and Australia has been re-enabled. Orders for US/CA/NZ/AUS customers are back to pre-COVID lead times as of July 1st.
- All Cast metal materials are available for purchase again with an extended lead time. The lead time is increased by approximately 10-15 business days.
- Gold is now available with adjusted pricing - for further information please check our Changes in Gold Prices page.
- Steel: Our Steel printing facility is operating at reduced capacity, the lead time is increased by approximately 5 days.
- PA11: PA11 is slightly delayed, the lead time is increased by approximately 7-10 business days.
- All other materials are shipping on time.
I had already selected “customer pick up” for my order. Will I still be able to pick it up?
We will be shipping your order to you via the fastest shipping service. Somebody from our Customer Service team will contact you with further details.
I have an E-commerce integration set up to sell on external sites. Will fulfillment be affected?
Product listings on external platforms remain unchanged. However, if the materials for your models are not available, Shapeways will not be able to fulfill the orders placed by your customers. As of May 6th, 2020 any automatic orders pushed through our integrations for cast metal materials will result in an error. We will notify you when production resumes and the materials are available again, at which point you will be able to push the failed orders to Shapeways through the Etsy or Shopify integration apps or programmatically via your custom API app.
How will changes in material availability or lead times impact my customers through my E-commerce integration?
Since the product listings will not update automatically, we recommend notifying your customers of production changes for the affected materials (see a list of production changes listed under the question “How is production affected”). Alternatively, you could prevent your customers from placing orders by temporarily disabling listings for affected products.
Where should I go to check for future updates?
We will continue to communicate via email and on our help center page. Should the situation escalate, we will be posting announcements on our website as well.