Shapeways is releasing some price changes that will go into effect on June 22nd, 2022. These changes will be reflected in new orders placed through Shapeways.com, as well as through your API or e-commerce integration with Shapeways.
Below are the answers to some frequently-asked questions:
- Why is Shapeways making these changes?
- We have been affected on multiple levels, from supplier changes, to partnerships, to production shifts in our factories. We have also had to adjust accordingly.
- What is the exact price increase and which materials are impacted?
- The exact increases will depend on each model's size and shape.
- Are you making any more pricing changes in the near future?
- We are always responding to changes in the additive manufacturing and traditional manufacturing space. There are many moving parts in our production, partnerships, and material suppliers. These changes are part of our ongoing evaluations which focus on optimizing our business production and customers needs.
- Where can I see the latest shipping costs and lead times?
- These can be found on our Shipping time and costs page.
- I added products to my cart and the prices increased during checkout. Is this correct?
- We apologize for the confusion. We made a pricing change that affected hundreds of thousands of products in the Shapeways marketplace. The price displayed in your cart is the accurate one.
- I have a Shapeways marketplace shop. Do these changes affect my markup?
- No, they do not. We do recommend reviewing your markups to see what changes you would like to make.
- I use an API or e-commerce integration (Etsy or Shopify) with Shapeways to sell my products. Do these changes affect my markup?
- Yes, these changes will impact your markup. Because your customer-facing price can't be automatically updated, the processing fee, shipping, and price adjustments of select materials will all affect your markup. We suggest you review and update your product pricing accordingly.
- I don’t see my question here.
- Please reach out to VIP@shapeways.com, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions!